Gender Studies M.A.
Information in English: Curriculum MA Gender Studies
Presentation Gender Studies in Freiburg, Dr. M. Mangelsdorf
(during the inauguration of the Master program, October 21st 2011)
Since 2011 the University of Freiburg offers a German two-year program Master of Arts in Gender Studies.
The program can only be started at the beginning of the winter semester. Applications are due by July 31.
How can I apply?
Please fill in the application form and send it by email to email@example.com. Please consider the application details and the decisive prerequisites for the MA-program Gender Studies in Freiburg.
For the Masters in Gender Studies, students must have successfully completed an undergraduate program of at least three years at an accredited university or college in Germany or a comparable institution in another country with above average marks. Proficiency in German and English (spoken and written) is also required.
Applicants must also demonstrate a solid understanding of gender theories and concepts, either from a previous degree or from work experience in a gender-related field.
If you are interested in admission to Freiburg University, please contact the department for International Admissions and Services. There and especially here you can find all information regarding your registration process.
Usually, applicants are required to have reached a German language level C1 by the time they apply and to have successfully passed the DSH or the TestDaF exam when they are admitted to the university. For information regarding the DSH exam please visit this website.
Further information can be found here:
Information Regarding the Application
Please fill out the application form and send it to us (the address is provided on the application) with the completed documents. The deadline for the application is July 31st each year (it is only possible to begin during the winter semester).
Your application must include the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Certified copy of Bachelor diploma
- Certified copy of transcript
- Proof (such as copies of C1 test scores) of required language proficieny
- Certified copy of a high school diploma or equivalent completion of secondary school
- Curriculum Vitae (in German)
- A personal statement (no more than two pages) in German
- A statement from the application that he/she/they have not unsuccessfully attempted to complete a Masters program in Gender Studies or a related field.
- Information regarding English level B2: https://www.uni-marburg.de/de/studium/bewerbung/sprachnachweise/sprachniveau-b2
- Information regarding German level C1: http://www.goethe.de/lrn/prj/pba/bes/gc1/deindex.htm?wt_sc=gzc1
You can find a helpful checklist for your application here:
Where do I send my completed application?
Please send your completed application by July 31 (postmark) to
Zentrum für Anthropologie und Gender Studies
Koordinierungsstelle Gender Studies
79098 Freiburg im Breisgau
If you have further questions, please adress them to
Tel.: +49 761 203-4216 or -9347
Please find further information regarding the application here.